It’s been reported by MBC Masr that a 21-year-old boy with special needs was transferred to the hospital after his mom believed he swallowed metal objects. After some x-rays, doctors found a large number of cutlery items in his stomach.
Of course, doctors had to operate on the patient to extract the metal objects. In a surgery that took about three hours to complete, they were able to remove 20 spoons, four forks, and even toothbrushes.
Thankfully, the operation was successful and the patient will be able to go back home within three or four days. He’ll be put under observation to monitor whether or not he’s likely to repeat this incident.